FCLCA supports the creation of a universal health care system in which all individuals have access to comprehensive care regardless of income, present or previous health status, employment status, immigration status, or prison status. Read more.
- Affirmation of health care as a fundamental right.
- Availability of reasonably priced health insurance.
- Expansion of public health care programs, especially for young children.
- Financial assistance for individuals through Medi-Cal.
- Preventive health care measures such as immunizations, prenatal care, food stamps, and school lunch programs for those in need.
- Expanded substance abuse education and treatment.
- Prevention of and protection against environmental threats to public health.
- AIDS prevention and treatment programs.
- Repeal of mandatory sentencing laws for possession and sale of drugs.
- Education for sexual responsibility.
- The right of women to choose abortion.
- Adequate resources for humane treatment of mentally ill individuals.