News and Analysis from FCLCA
The FCLCA Newsletter is our print magazine published quarterly and mailed to FCLCA contributors. To donate and receive our Newsletter, sign up here. The Newsletter is distributed to all California legislators and Friends Meetings. As part of our program of outreach to prisoners, we mail to all California’s prison libraries and send the Newsletter free of charge to over 600 incarcerated men and women.
- Prisons v. People: Compromise to meet court deadline threatens safety net
- To keep kids out of trouble - and prison - teach them to understand their emotions
- Behind the scenes at the Capitol
- Senate Bill 260 signed into law
- and more...!
- Davis's Bold New Restorative Justice Program, Neighborhood Court
- Interview with Attorney Sue Burrell on Juveniles and the Adult Criminal Justice System
- Bills You Should Know About
- And More...
- California's Budget
- Key Bills in the 2013-14 Legislative Session
- Long-term Isolation in California's Prisons
- SPECIAL SECTION: CA Responds to Gun Violence
- Analysis of November election results
- Report from General Committee Meeting
- FCLCA's Impact on the 2011-2012 Legislative Session
- FCLCA's Legislative Priorities for the 2013-2014 Session
October 2012 FCLCA's Recommendations on the November 2012 Ballot Propositions
July 2012 A Retrospective: Six Decades of Advocacy
- Cutting Past the Bone: Will more revenue save social services and education?
- FCLCA Legislative Update – Spring 2012
- A Bold New Bill Reaches the Senate: Focus on SB 1506
- Efforts to Reform Three Strikes
- FCLCA’s Recommendations for the June 2012 Ballot Propositions
- Realignment in your County: Pass or Fail?
- 60 More Campaign – FCLCA celebrates 60 years and plans for (at least) 60 more
- Can Realignment Set us Straight? California begins historic shift of incarceration, supervision and parole back to the counties
- Your Quick Guide to Realignment
- Dark Days Ahead for California’s Students Families and Seniors
- The 2011 Legislative Year in Review: what did Jerry Brown sign?
- Death Penalty Cases not a smart use of limited funds – Gil Garcetti
- Is the End Near for the Death Penalty? Death Penalty abolitionists aim at 2012 ballot
- The Testimony of Marietta Jaeger-Lane: A mother’s spiritual journey leads her to speak out against capital punishment
- Restoring Lives, Now That’s Justice: Forty years since prison Patrice Gaines still fights to get free
- An interview with Jeanne Woodford: San Quentin’s former warden now takes a leading role in abolishing the Death Penalty
- Reforming Solitary Confinement at Pelican Bay Prison
- Collections, Cuts and Contention: Budget Stalemate continues as legislative session advances
- State responds to Supreme Court’s upholding of prison population reduction order
- A Friend of Justice: Interview with Dr. Alan Bean
- FCLCA’s Impact on Legislation
- Reductions, Realignment and Revenues: California’s leaders grapple with the budget
- Corrections and the Budget: FCLCA lobbies for smart cuts
- Driven to the Draft? Legislation reintroduced to link driver’s licenses to Selective Service registration
Online Legislative Update