Want to get involved? Make a difference?
Here are some steps you can take.
- Join our Action Alert network – it’s free and it’s easy. Just register here. We’ll send you actions to take on the important issues facing California. Our Action Center allows you to communicate directly to your legislators online.
- Join FCLCA as a contributing member. Help keep us a strong voice of conscience at the Capitol. Basic membership is $60 ($35 low income).
- Take action on a bill or issue that matters to you.
- Email or call your legislator using our Action Center. When you register for our Action Network, we’ll send you alerts about important legislation and suggested messages for you to send.
- Come lobby at the Capitol. Check our website for info on Lobby Days in Sacramento or let us know when you’ll be in town. The legislature is in session from January through August – check here for the legislature's calendars.
- Lobby in your home district by visiting your legislators and their staff in their regional office. Find contact information here. It can be just as effective and sometimes easier as coming to Sacramento. We can connect you with others in your area and provide support as you put together a group to visit your legislator.
Read a firsthand account by our board member Laurel Gord of how she and several others put together delegations to visit their legislators.
Read tips on how to put together a successful visit in your hometown. It really makes a difference when you know your legislator and his or her staff!
- Write a letter to the editor. You can use our Action Center to write directly to media in your area. It’s great to see your name in print!
- Read how our board member Laurel Gord overcame her fear and learned to love writing letters to the editor.
- Get more tips on writing letters to the editor that will be published.
- Get informed
- “LIKE US” on Facebook.If you are on Facebook or have a blog, please link from your site to our pages.
- Use our Tell A Friend feature to share FCLCA Action Alerts.